One health condition that could be relieved through chiropractic treatment is Achilles tendonitis, which is the inflammation of the Achilles tendon. This often happens as a result of excess stress on the tendon, causing it to tighten more and work excessively hard. In the long run, especially if not treated properly, the inflamed tendon can create scar tissue for covering. This scar tissue is less adaptable than the tendon and can easily tear or burst with too much stress and pressure.
What are the symptoms of Achilles tendonitis?
In this specific type of ailment, it is important that you know the signs and symptoms so that you can apply the necessary treatment earlier. This is a key factor in successfully treating it.
Some of the symptoms you need to keep an eye out for include:
- Dull or sharp pain any place along the tendon and generally near the heel.
- Restricted lower leg adaptability
- Presence of a red, hot and painful area (which is probably where there is a buildup of scar tissue) near the tendon
- Hearing a splitting sound whenever you move your ankle. This sound is a result of the scar tissue rubbing against tendon
How can you get Achilles tendonitis?
- Tight or exhausted calf muscles. When your calf muscles are already exhausted, do not push them to work more. Doing so will prompt these muscles to transfer the pressure and stress to your Achilles tendon.
- Failure to do sufficient and proper stretching before running, quickly expanding your speed, or working beyond your limits. These all result in pushing the Achilles to exert more pressure; thus, effectively stressing it more to the point where it could no longer take more and would simply snap.
- Inappropriate running shoes. If you are going to run long and frequently, be sure you use the right type of running shoes, which is not only comfortable but also effectively supports your weight when you run.
- Imbalanced hips, pelvis or lower back. These can make you uneven; thus, making your calf muscles and Achilles tendon to work harder when you run. It is important to keep your entire body balanced when you run so as not to put too much pressure on your Achilles tendon.
Chiropractic treatment for runners works to help keep your body balanced and well conditioned before and after running. The innovative treatments being used today ensure a pain-free run and strengthen calf muscles to protect the Achilles tendon rather than channeling the pressure and stress to it.
Call Carolina Wellness & Rehab now to inquire about their innovative chiropractic treatment.
Carolina Wellness & Rehab
1211 48th Ave N Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Providing you with professional chiropractic treatment.