Chiropractic treatment is provided to help relieve muscle pain and enhance bone alignment and correction. This is why it is the common treatment method used for relieving knee pain. In this article you will learn more about this type of treatment and how it actually helps relieve knee pain.
Why do you experience knee pain?
Knee pain is a common occurrence in most people regardless of age. It often happens as a result of injury, tight muscles, and joint degeneration. If you experience problems in the foot, ankle, or hip, you are likely to experience knee pain as well.
Another common cause of knee pain is when one of its components are not working efficiently. The knee consists of three bones, three compartments, two menisci, four ligaments, cartilage, and muscles and tendons. These components should all move in a balanced and highly coordinated manner to ensure the knee is working properly and to prevent pain.
Treating and relieving knee pain highly depends on the specific diagnosis. Here are some of the common diagnoses for knee pain:
- IT band syndrome – This happens when a tendinous muscle that is found at the side of the leg has become overly tight. Thus, it tends to pull on the knee muscles and cause pain in the process.
- Meniscus tear – This is what you call the tear occurs in the fibers between the joints of the knee. These fibers also act as cushioning to help in efficient knee movement. A tear in this area may cause pain when you move your knee.
- Runner’s knee – This is what you call the pain that is felt in front of the knee which is caused by quads pulling in their attachment.
- Arthritis – This is commonly diagnosed among the elderly although there have also been cases found in younger individuals. This disorder happens when the joint space in the knee becomes narrow and rough.
- Patello – If the knee pain is due to various causes, it is diagnosed as Patello, which is generally a femoral pain syndrome.
Each of these disorders requires a specific type of treatment. Although chiropractic treatment can be generally applied to treat these diseases, it is still highly recommended that you consult a specialist first before attempting any treatment.
Chiropractic Treatment for knee pain
This type of treatment consists of an overall examination of the muscles, ligaments, joints, posture and gait. It doesn’t only focus on the knee pain but its surrounding muscles as well. Also, your chiropractor will want to discuss your past injuries, if there are any, as well as your lifestyle habits as these are found to greatly affect the way your knee is moved. You may have to change some habits to help improve your knee condition, aside from undergoing treatment.
For more information on chiropractic treatment for knee pain, contact Carolina Wellness now.
Carolina Wellness & Rehab
1211 48th Ave N Little River, SC 29577
Your source of legit information and services on chiropractic treatment.