When most of us think about chiropractors, we don’t usually think about foot care. After all, chiropractors adjust the spine, right? But the truth is that our feet are our foundation and they work hard to support our entire frame; so it only makes sense that we should take good care of them. Your chiropractor can help with foot care.
Your feet can affect the rest of your body and if foot posture is out of alignment, you may suffer pain in other parts of the body. But there are things you can do to improve the health of your feet, and get on a foot care program, so read on to discover a few great tips….
Foot Care Tips
- Pick the correct footwear. In this society, we place fashion far above comfort and function, but musculoskeletal problems can be very severe after years of poor support in your shoes or from excessive wearing of high heels. This causes stress on the ball of the foot, as well as aches and pains. If you must wear high heels, try going for a lower heel and make sure the toe box does not squeeze the sides and tops of your toes. Take the insole out of the shoe and try standing on it. If your foot goes over it at any point, the shoe does not fit properly and will cause you pain eventually.
- To see if the shoe is appropriate for you, try these tricks:
- Shoes should not twist easily
- The heel of the shoe should not be so soft that it can be pinched.
- The shoe should only bend easily at the toe—where your toes would naturally bend.
Remember, getting cardio exercise, a healthy diet and good foot hygiene all contribute to optimal foot care and health. If you are not under the regular care of a chiropractor, you should be. Regular spinal adjustments can alleviate foot pain and promote overall wellness.
So be kind to your feet—they have a big job to do in order to keep you moving freely and healthily! Proper foot care can benefit your whole body!
Carolina Wellness & Rehab
1211 48th Avenue North Myrtle Beach, SC 295777
Phone: (843) 449-1000